A CPP Accountant stands for Collection Pay Plan accounting. A person holding the position of CPP Accountant will typically be in charge of AR Collection efforts within an organization. This would involve the planning and coordiation of communcation and AR materials. The CCP Accountant will be responsible for the higher risk transactional functions of the department as well as serve as the AR Manager of reporting and functionality.
- Assure timely collection of monies due to corporation.
- Monitor and report on deviations from credit standards.
- Assure timely and accurate invoicing.
- Manage cash application making sure all cash receipts are applied properly
- Assure that the companies standard template regarding invoice sample is in place for every customer
- Conduct credit checks on all customer, establish and manage limits
- Make recommendations to improve quality of invoicing and collection procedures.
- Weekly reporting of invoicing totals/aging totals/cash receipts/invoice adjustments
- AR Manager will be required to manage a staff of 4 or 5.
- 4 Year Degree – Business or related field.
- Five years experience in credit and collections.
- Superior spreadsheets skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Great Plains Accounting or similar software is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Knowledge and understanding of D&B reporting is required.
- Managerial skills and experience are a must.